Welcome to the Sandsayre Pier Trust web site
This site aims to inform visitors about what the pier trust does, who uses it and the recent restoration of the pier.
The Sandsayre Pier Trust was established in 1974 to acquire, maintain and manage the 19th century Stephenson designed pier at Sandsayre, Sandwick. See our constitution
Sandsayre pier was completed in May 1855 to the design of Messrs David and Thomas Stevenson (The 'Lighthouse' Stevensons) for the fishermen of Sandwick. Over the centuries it has continued to provide a focal point for the Parish. Read more about the Pier's history.